Wat ga je doen?
Every day 13,000 Abellio people provide safe, easy and reliable public transport for more than a million passengers on our buses, trains and trams. Abellio Group Head Office is located in Utrecht, The Netherlands. Other Abellio offices are located in Glasgow (UK HQ), London (UK), Berlin (Germany) and Stockholm (Sweden).
To support the Head of Group Finance & Treasury, we are currently looking for a Management Accountant. Your main tasks will be:
- Participate in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reporting (Holdings and Group);
- Prepare the monthly group consolidation in the NS system (CPM), including intercompany reconciliation;
- Assist in preparing group reporting instructions;
- Prepare audit files to allow an efficient external audit process at Holding level;
- Assist in the preparation of the Business Plan for Holdings and Group (consolidated);
- Assist in the preparation of the group IFRS annual accounts and some (NL Gaap) Holdings annual accounts (in English);
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly cash-flow projections and ebit-forecasts for Holdings;
- Respond to requests for information within NS Group and for external parties (such as CBS, the auditors and financial institutions). You will be a direct contact for the group companies;
- Controller for the NL-based Holdings and linking-pin for the local Holdings administration (all outsourced within NS);
- You report to the Head of Group Finance & Treasury of Abellio Transport Holding BV.
Waar ben je goed in?
- Education: HBO in Finance;
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping;
- Good knowledge of (reporting in) Dutch & English (both fluently);
- Consolidation and elimination experience (CPM-tool);
- Basic knowledge of IFRS is a preference;
- Experience in the preparation of (IFRS) annual accounts is a preference;
- Experience with an external audit of the annual accounts is a preference;
- Experience with SAP/Excel (CBR)/ Powerpoint/ Word.
Hier ga je werken
NS is active in the world of public transport. Together with our public transport partners, we are working continuously on improving train travel. Our 34,000 staff (30,565 FTE) are working every day on reliable passenger transport, comfortable trains and buses, lively stations and station areas. The operations of NS cover both passenger transport and station development and operation, with combined revenues of €5 billion. More than 88% of that comes from passenger transport. Our activities abroad earn money, teach us how we can improve our services, and prepare us for the possibility of further deregulation of the railway market. This means that they are contributing to the NS company objectives.
Abellio was established in 2001 by NS, as part of an international strategy to anticipate the effects on the industry of European legislation to liberate rail markets. This has allowed both Abellio and NS to develop an advantageous relationship where best practice is shared on a pan-European scale.
Our operations span three countries (UK, Germany and The Netherlands) across bus, tram and train services. In the UK we operate buses through Abellio London & Surrey, as well as train services for ScotRail, Scotland’s National Railway, Abellio Greater Anglia, and Merseyrail in a joint venture with Serco. In Germany we operate Abellio Deutschland, serving communities in North Rhine Westphalia, Saxony, Lower Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, and Thuringia. And in the Netherlands, Qbuzz and HTM run bus services in Friesland, Groningen, Drenthe, Utrecht and tram services in the municipality of The Hague. We are driven to deliver efficient, high quality and innovative services for our passengers and clients. Our philosophy is enshrined within the Abellio Way, a strategic framework that provides a common and collaborative way of working with our clients, stakeholders, and each other.
Vind je dit interessant?
Working at NS means working in an environment where complex issues and processes play an important role. It is fascinating and it offers plenty of opportunities for your own development and initiatives. It is a full time position of 36 hours per week. The gross salary is based on experience and skills and amounts to a maximum of € 4.766, – per month on the basis of 36 hours. NS has an excellent secondary benefits package. NS is located in Utrecht next to the Central Station. Applications are welcomed via our career site: www.werkenbijns.nl. Please use the application button for the corresponding vacancy on this site. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Ronald Bleeker (Corporate Recruiter) at telephone number: 030 – 235 36 46.
A screening is part of the application process.